April 29, 2009

Signs of the season

The weather here has been BEAUTIFUL the past few days- and we have loved being outside. Yesterday was so pretty that I pulled out the sprinkler and Brett was so excited that you would have thought we were at Disney again.  After running in and out and around the sprinkler a few dozen times and trying to get the water to hit his belly button (see picture below), Brett ran to get his bat- and a golf club to play with in the water.  What a boy- everything is more fun with a few pieces of sports equipment!  He had so much fun- and I had so much fun taking his picture.  And to top off the day we had a fun visitor after dinner- the ice cream truck!!!!  I have never seen the ice cream truck in our neighborhood before- but when I heard the music coming down the street I turned into a kid again.  Brett picked out a Dora ice cream treat and shared it with all of us- even Georgia (who he is calling Georgia Tech these days- and with no prompting from mommy either).  What a perfect ending to a beautiful Spring day!

Someone please tell me where my baby is???  He looks so old!
Trying to get the water to hit his belly button.  Excuse the diaper hanging out.  My little skinny guy has a hard time keeping his pants up these days.
Everything is more fun with my baseball bat!





Eating his Dora treat while wearing the construction hat Daddy got for him.

4 comments:

e said...

He is SO cute! we've been doing lots of outside water play too, wish we could do it together! I laughed out loud at Georgia Tech...hilarious!

marissa said...

Love the pics and Brett is SO right-everything is more fun with a bat or a club:)

The Simple Things said...

I love you
thank you for being so dear
LOVED being together....still rehasing all the fun!
I will be a better blog checker from now on:)
love
me

Unknown said...

first of many visits to your blog! Already enjoying it!

Love you! Loved our time together...so rich. Already wondering when the next one will be...

hope to see you in Indy soon!
~Stacy