February 19, 2010

SNOW!!!!

Last week we got 4 inches of snow- which is quite a lot for us southerners.  Brett and Kate (and mommy and daddy) had a great time playing in it.  There is something about snow that makes you feel like a kid again.  There is nothing better then having a fun day playing in the snow and then coming in to a warm fire and some hot chocolate!

Look at all the snow!!!
Kate wasn't quite sure what to think about all the snow at first.  She was afraid to walk in it so we had to pick her up and take her from place to place.
My two panda bears.  Kate's foster family sent these hats to Brett and Kate for Christmas.
My girl
Kate catching the snow
Daddy showing Brett how to make a snowball
Brett having a blast
Kate getting into the snowball action
My handsome guys
Mr. Blue eyes!
Making a snow man
So proud of their snowman
Brett thought it was so fun to slide down the slide in the snow
Brett about to throw a snowball at me- look at that cute face!
Painting in the snow.  I filled water bottles up with water then put food coloring in them.  They LOVED this- it kept them busy for at least 30 minutes.
Sweet Georgia- look at all the snowballs that got attached to her legs.
Painting the snowman

3 comments:

Stacy Robinson said...

I know you well enough to know that you had to have a bucket load of pictures from the snow! They are wonderful--I love the hats! I got pictures of my "little ones" in the snow too--they still get just as excited as they did when they were Kate and Brett's age! It is so great to see the two of them having such fun together--you have no idea how happy I am for you--you so deserve the family you have! Take care and have fun at Seminar--I will miss seeing you! Love you! Stacy

Emily McGlone said...

Hey!! I've been looking through your journals and it makes me sad that I don't live closer to y'all. Your kids are the cutest and I'm so happy for you. Your family is just beautiful. Love you! -Emily

Joanne said...

I LOVE snow pictures!!! They are the best! I guess it's because they are so rare!!! My grans in Birmingham and Atlanta had a ball too! Loved the food coloring idea...I let them put food coloring in shaving cream when they are taking baths here and use it like finger paint or body paint but I think the spray bottles are a great idea! Amybeth....you have so many wonderful ideas! That construction birthday party was so creative. Write a book!!!