March 1, 2011

Daddy-Daughter Date Night

Brian took Kate to the Daddy-Daughter date night at Chick-fil-A a few weeks ago and they had the best time. She knew exactly what she wanted to wear for her daddy- her "blue dress". I went into her room, opened her closet, and said "What blue dress?" - to which she quickly ran to her dress up trunk, pulled out her princess dress and said "This one!" So, guess what she wore on her date- yep- a princess dress! She was so excited. Brian said when they got to Chick-fil-A she got out of the car and said, "I love you Daddy- thank you so much for taking me on this date!" Those of you who know my sweet husband well, and who know how long it took for Kate to really trust him, know that he was crying all the way into the restaurant after that remark.




5 comments:

Joanne said...

Sweet sweet sweet story. Amybeth, you always bring tears of joy to my eyes!

Melanie said...

OK..I'm crying now! How sweet! I am not doing summer school this year, so we WILL plan a visit!! Love you guys!

Mack said...

i am crying crying crying

Stacy Okland said...

oh my...that is just precious. Love hearing that story. Praise God for what He has done!

Beth Robinson said...

Wow! I'm crying too! So sweet. What a wonderful journey this has been!