June 23, 2009

Our sweet big brother

It is hard to believe that in a few short months (hopefully) Brett will be a big brother.  He talks about Kate all the time.  I have a necklace with her picture on it and if I don't wear it for some reason he always asks where it is.  Brian asked him the other day who is best friend was and he said "Mommy and Kate".  He wants to pray for her every night- and most nights prays that she will get to have a cookie today (how sweet is that!).  And then- the one that brings me to tears every time I think about it.  We were in the check-out line at Target yesterday and he was looking at the toys by the register.  He looked at the matchbox cars for a minute and then started to line up and look at some princess dolls.  He picked one up, put it on the conveyor belt, and said "This one!".  I said, "Buddy, what do you need this for?"  and he immediately replied, "For Kate!"  Oh my sweet, sweet boy!  
So, Kate is now the owner of a Cinderella doll- her first present from her amazing big brother.  

4 comments:

Mack said...

Brett - I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your sweet heart will be such a blessing to your little sister!!!! Thanking God for this little story - - LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

marissa said...

Brett - you are already such a great big brother!

e said...

that made me cry!!! precious Brett!! working on your header in the am!!

Stacy Okland said...

Oh my....SO sweet!!!