July 13, 2009

No LOA

I was so hopeful that our LOA would come by today, but no such luck.  I did find out that they didn't move our paperwork from the Non-special needs room to the special-needs room until July 2nd!  That means that it took them 45 days to get our paperwork where it needed to be!  The "mom" in me wants to scream.  I would have flown over there and transfered our paperwork myself if I had know it was going to take that long!!!!  So now we will be waiting at least two more weeks- oh this wait just stinks!
Please continue to pray.  I would still really love to be there for her birthday- although at this point that would be almost impossible.
On a happier note, I thought I would tell you a little bit more about our girl.  Her referral paperwork came with a survey that the nannies fill out on each child.  They said that Kate is extroverted, active, and pretty.  She is talkative, fond of singing, gets along well with others, and has a ready smile.  She is not timid, shy, or quiet.  Her favorite activity is being held by the caregivers and her favorite toys are bright toys that make sounds.  
Sounds like she is going to get along quite well with her big brother!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Sorry about the letter. The funny thing is that when everything is finally accomplished, we look back and really agree that the Lord's timing was perfect. Still, the waiting can be very tough. We are all so anxious for Kate to come home! I loved her personality traits. It's going to be even more fun at the Skinners very very soon!!!!

Katherine Ann said...

Hang in there! Sorry to hear that it did not come through. We're praying for yall, and of course, baby Kate!
-Katherine Ann

e said...

She sounds so perfect for you!!! YOUR DAUGHTER!!!!