July 15, 2009

Priceless

We got the best gift we could ever receive yesterday- a video of our Kate!  She is even cuter than I remembered from the short 30 second clip we saw before we accepted her referral.  I am so in love!  I must be honest and tell you that I have already watched it 15 times.  Oh to be able to see my girl.  I have no doubt that I will watch this every day until we leave for China.  I wish I could upload it on here so I could show it to you- but I will just have to tell you about it.  She is dressed in several layers (which is common in China).  She has on a red shirt for part of the video and a white shirt for part of it- both times she has on forrest green fleece overalls.  The first few minutes she is standing in her crib (with two other babies- one of which is crying the whole time).  They keep trying to give her a rattle and she does not want it so she keeps pushing it away.  At one point the Nanny reaches to pull her up and Kate gets a huge smile across her face.  She has the cutest smile.  She kinda scrunches up her face and her right eye gets smaller than her left eye- it is adorable.  Then they switch to a lady holding her.  She smiles again with the lady.  The last scene just makes me laugh.  There are two women and they have a tiny microphone.  I think they are trying to get her to say "Hello Mama", but when they put the microphone up to her face she opens her mouth and tries to eat it.  Of course the two ladies think it is the cutest thing and start to laugh, which in turn makes Kate laugh too.  It makes me smile just thinking about it.  Ok- now that I have told you all about it I am going to have to go watch it again.
Oh- and I got a message from our contact person at our agency yesterday saying that she had made arrangement to get someone else to process our paperwork if our LOA came in while she was gone!!!!  What an answer to prayer!  Yesterday was a good day- a very, very, very good day!
(I posted some 4th of July picture if you scroll down a bit)

1 comment:

e said...

Amybeth, you did such a great job describing that video! I'm smiling so big! PRECIOUS!!! I love her!