September 8, 2009

9 DAYS!

In 9 short days we will meet our daughter for the first time.  We will hold her, kiss her, and tell her how very much she is loved in 9 days!!!! Wow!
I woke up at 2am last night and checked my phone to see if our agency had by chance emailed to let us know if we had a Consulate Appointment or not.  Much to my surprise our sweet China program director emailed us at 1am (which is 1pm in China) to let us know that we had a confirmed Consulate Appointment for September 29th!!!!  That means that we leave a week from today (the 15th) and will hold Kate for the first time next Thursday (the 17th)- just three days after her birthday!  God is so good!  Needless to say, Brian and I didn't sleep the rest of the night. We are beyond excited- and still in shock that we are about to have a daughter! (and 2 two year olds!!)  
Please be praying for our last few days to pack and get all of our paperwork ready.  I am so nervous that I am going to forget something important.  Most of all be praying for our two children.  For Kate- that she will bond to us quickly and that her transition into our family will be smooth.  And for Brett- that he won't miss mommy and daddy too much while we are gone (you can pray for mommy and daddy too- I think it will be harder on us than it is on Brett)
I will post our itinerary when we know it.  WE ARE GOING TO CHINA- can you believe it!!!!

12 comments:

Joanne said...

Absolutely, positively the best news ever!!! Wow! I have been checking my email and your blog hourly all day today and cannot tell you how excited I was when I saw the great great news. CHINA! That alone is an adventure but to hold your sweet Kate and take her home with you. Indescribable!! I am so looking forward to those blog entries! Praying 24/7!!!!!

Traci Kalish said...

Praise the Lord!!! You are heading to China and we just got the LSC! All in one day! God is so good. He is truly taking care of both our families!

marissa said...

YEAH!!! ok so I have been checking like 5 times a day:) I am SO excited for you guys! I can only imagine the adventure you are about to begin- to go to CHINA and to have KATE in your arms! I have been praying for and looking forward to this for you guys for a while now-so take lots of pics-do I really need to tell you that?:) I really can't get over how God is SO good-you get your baby Kate and Kate gets amazing parents and a brother! Can't wait and I will be praying for all the travels!

Angel said...

So very happy for you-I have also been checking your blog constantly to see what you found out----so very excited that you will be in China to celebrate Kate's birthday week :) Have a wonderful time and don't worry to much about the paperwork-your guides will help with everything-they are great!
Angel

Mack said...

I CAN BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!! God is the God of miracles and I am soooo pumped for you guys!!!!!!! Sept 29 is my birthday and I will be celebrating that day for sweet little Kate!!!!!!!!!!!! Take lots of pictures - blog constantly - just can hardly hardly wait to hear all about it!!!!! PRAYING - SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

yay! so happy for you. you have waited for such a long time. i can't wait to see pictures of her in your arms.

God is good.
xo
HH

Sarah Parker said...

God IS good! We are so very excited for you and can't wait to see your pics of little Kate WITH YOU! We will pray for safe travel and for a great time with your new little one.

e said...

i could read this post 1000x even though i already knew this wonderful news!!! i'm praying big time for both of your precious children and for your hearts as parents of TWO!

maryhorres said...

God has been watching over you for a long time and He will keep you in His embrace as you travel. We are so happy for you and your family.....hugs and kisses to Brett and Kate.

Joseph and Mary

mitz said...

So very excited for you.. & so thankful! Praisin The Lord & will keep on prayin! much love

maryhorres said...

Did you receive the small gifts that we sent to Brett and Kate?
Joe and I are very excited for you......God is so great.

Heather said...

this is amazing news!! We are SO excited for you! i can not wait to hear how it all goes. i will be praying for you, brian, little brett and especially miss kate! God is good!