September 28, 2009

Where are the posts?

So sorry for the lack of posts the last few days. I have been sick- really sick. Brian said he wanted to have some time with Kate by himself so they could bond more- and boy did he get it. I was flat on my back for 2 days- high temp, sore throat, bad cough, headache, etc. Praise the Lord someone in our group brought a prescription from home. I literally cried when she brought it to me. I have been fever free all day today although still not back to normal. I was well enough, however, to purchase some squeaky shoes today and go to dinner with everyone (which included a dish with snake!) We are just so thankful that I got better in time for our flight. They will not let you on the plane if you have a fever. Please be praying that Kate and Brian do not get it.
We were suppose to leave on the 1st and fly all the way home, but because the 1st is a huge national holiday over here we can not land it Beijing on the morning of the 1st (they are doing some type of air show). So now we have to leave Guangzhou at 8pm on the 30th- land in Beijing around 11pm- get all of our bags and head to a hotel for the night only to turn around the next day and head right back to the airport. Oh well, at least we are heading home!!!!!! We are SO READY to see Brett and the rest of our family. Several of you have asked about coming to the airport. We would love for anyone who wants to come to be there- but our flight doesn't land until 10:15pm so we know that several of you won't be able to make it. I will let you know our flight number in a few days so you can check to make sure our flight is on time if you are planning on coming.
I must say, we are so very excited about introducing Kate to everyone. You are all going to love her. Our guide tonight said, "Everyone loves her"- yes- they do. She is such a joy to be around. We are richly blessed!
Tomorrow is the big day- our consulate appointment. This is the appointment that we scheduled our whole trip around. After tomorrow Kate will officially be ours in the eyes of the United States as well. Yeah!!!! After all the years and tears that we spent waiting on our little girl I can tell you with every ounce of my being- it was WELL worth the wait!!!!
I will update with pictures tomorrow- I promise. We are still having a hard time with our internet connection here so it takes forever to download the pictures.

9 comments:

Stacy Okland said...

So glad to read your post!! I have been checking all morning. I was starting to worry that you had been quarantined! The mind can go crazy, huh??
You guys are so close! Can't believe you are almost there. I know you are so ready to see Brett. That is an understatement, I am sure. So proud of you guys! We love you and are praying for all others to remain healthy! Love you!

Keri said...

Yeah!! so glad you are feeling better. Andra and I are together talking about how excited we are too see you all on Thursday.
miss you all and love you.

Traci Kalish said...

I hate that you aren't feeling well, but am grateful you are getting better. I woke up this Monday morning thinking, this is the week the Skinner's are coming home!!! Love ya'll and praying for health!

Stacy Robinson said...

Good morning! Or I guess it is good night to you! I can't wait until we are all in the same time zone again! I am so sorry you have been so sick, but thankful you are feeling better! Your trip is so close to the end now, I know you must be so ready to get home and see your sweet boy and have your whole family together again! I'm still praying the rest of the trip goes smoothly, and that you will feel better and get much needed rest! Take care of yourself, give Brian and Kate a hug from me, and I'll see you soon! Love you bunches! Stacy

Colleen said...

I've been out of town for the past few days and one of the first things I did when I got back was read your blog!!! What an amazing story about the family that helped take care of your girl during a time when she really needed a family. What a blessing you were able to meet them and will be able to keep them updated on Kate! I'm happy to hear you are feeling better! We will continue to lift you guys up in prayer! Love you! ~Colleen

e said...

We've been praying for you knowing that you were sick - SO GLAD you are feeling better!!! Gosh I can't wait for you to get to come home! Wish we could come to the airport too!! I can't wait to see pictures of the reunion with Brett and he and Kate meeting!

much love!
e

Stacy Okland said...

Just finished making some chicken salad...Missing you! Last time I made it was when you were here. Remembering those fun times! Not as fun to eat it by myself...Wish you were close by to join me for lunch!
Love you friend! Next time you come, we won't be able to squeeze in the car like we did last time:)

Crystal said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Not much longer and you are HOME! Continued Prayers for you and your family!

Crystal

Unknown said...

Yeah! You are coming home with your girl!!! We love you guys and have been praying for you. Can't wait to get hugs from all of you! See you Thursday!!!
Love,
Carmen