September 15, 2009

We're on the way!!

Saying good-bye to Brett was the hardest thing I have ever done. I still can't believe that I won't get to see him (except through Skype) for 17 days! I am really not sure how I am going to make it. Putting him to bed last night and walking out of his room was almost impossible. My sweet, sweet boy. I held it together until it was time for bed, and then I let the tears fall. When Mom got him up this morning he said, "Ma, where's mommy?" When she told him that we were on the airplane to China he said, "Oh yeah, Mommy is sad". Oh sweet boy- you have no idea how sad.
Our alarm went off at 3:30am this morning- just three short hours after we went to bed! We are now sitting in the Newark airport waiting for our flight to China. In 16 hours- we will be in Beijing- it is still so hard to believe. We still don't know what time exactly we will get Kate, but we know it will be sometime Thursday morning- which is Wednesday night for y'all. I will update when we get to China and let you know the details.
Please continue praying for all of us- especially for Kate. Her world is about to change forever- and she has no idea. I can only imagine her thinking who is this lady that won't stop crying and who is this big tall white dude with her? If she only knew how long we have loved her.
Next post from China!!!!!
***Please, please, please leave a comment when you read our posts. I am going to make a book for Kate of our trip for her to have when she is older and I want her to know how much she was loved from day one. (and I have heard they help with the homesickness too) Just click under the posts where is says "comments" and it will take you to the page where you can write a message.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi guys! Juice and I prayed for you this morning! I know it was hard to leave sweet Brett but keep looking forward to seeing Kate and Brett together in 17 days! We love you and will continue to pray for safety and for smooth sailing thru the details... Can't wait to get a hug from your girl!
Carmen

Joanne said...

Thank you for the update! I was hoping that you would be able to keep us "in the know" because I think a lot of our hearts are also very invested in Kate. We have been waiting with you for a long long time. I did wonder how you would ever leave Brett but I know he is in very good hands!!! My grans do very well when their parents are away and it is wonderful when the grandchildren have a close relationship with their grandparents---a true extended family. You are covered with a thousand prayers and we all wish we could be there when you first see your Kate. She is your Kate---even before she was born! I love you with all my heart!

Beth Robinson said...

Amybeth, I have just cried all day knowing you are on your way to hold that sweet girl! I even dreamed about seeing her last night! I wasn't sure if you would post after you left home but I am so glad you did! I am so anxious for you to get her, I can't imagine how you feel!!

Colleen said...

Hey guys!

My heart fills with joy when I read your blog! We are so blessed to have a Savior that loves us and wants what's best for us! JT and I will continue to pray for you guys as you meet your sweet little girl and when she meets YOU! Oh, she is just going to love all your kisses! We can't wait to kiss her too!!!

Stacy Okland said...

Thanks for the call last night. My heart is trying to process all that you guys and Brett and Kate are about to go through over the next 3+ weeks. We are for sure praying along with you.

Kate, we love you precious girl! So many people have been praying for you for so long. Your mommy and daddy have been waiting for this day for years now!! What an exciting time! I'll try to dredge up some of my mandarin for when I get to meet you:). Hopefully it will be soon. May God surround you with his everlasting arms of love!
Love, Aunt Stacy and the rest of the Okland gang

Melanie said...

Hi, sweet friends! I am so glad to be following along on this journey. I'm praying for precious Brett. I know he is in great hands here at home. I'm praying that he has lots of fun things to keep him busy! I'm also praying for sweet Kate. I can't wait to meet the one I have prayed for these past YEARS! She is blessed to be a part of such an amazing family. God knew the exact "forever family" for her. I'm also praying for you guys! You are such wonderful parents and great friends! I pray that God gives you peace that passes understanding as you are in China. He has gone before you and nothing surprises Him! Enjoy the time and savor these days with Kate. I pray for a smooth transition back home! Love you all!!
Mel

e said...

Oh Amybeth, I have a lump in my throat right with you picturing you telling Brett goodnight and goodbye. it will all be so worth it of course but it would be the hardest thing i've ever done too.

i can't wait to post the next post!!! love to you all!

Crystal said...

Oh Amy how excited I am for you guys! We too will be leaving our twins at home with Nana and Papa when we travel to China. I know it is going to be rough and your note brought on the tears when you wrote about tucking your son in bed. I will be praying for your journey, for Kate and for Brett and your family back home.

Gotcha Day Celebration coming SOON!

Blessings, Crystal/ Hope Project Family.

katie stewart said...

Hey there (with tears streaming down my face)! i can't believe the day has finally arrived and you are on your way to meet your PRECIOUS KATE!! Andrew and I prayed for all of you tonight. I can't wait to meet her. What a blessed little girl! Can't wait to hear more...

Sarah Parker said...

Oh we are so excited for you! Thanks for the updates, we wait anxiously to hear how things are going. We will pray for all of you and trust that God is taking care of everyone and every detail.

JFerg said...

Praying for you all....Brett, Mommy, Daddy, and Kate. It has been a blessing to watch this dream unfold! Can't wait to see all of you at home together. We love you and are praying!

marissa said...

Ok- well I think you may be landed by now-since it is 9 AM in Brussels! It was so good to be able to chat with you yesterday!

Oh Kate- i talked to your mommy yesterday and she was SOOO excited to come get you! We have been praying for and thinking of you for almost 3 years now so she is very excited to finally be able to love you up close! Just to warn you:) mommy is going to cry a lot but don't worry- when she's really happy she likes to cry:)!! Kate- I am excited to meet you someday and see you grow up in the amazing family that God has given you! Praying for you today!

Katherine Ann said...

So happy for yall!! Kate is a lucky little girl :) Our prayers are with yall!!