September 5, 2009

Waiting....again!

We still don't know when we are headed to China to get our girl.  Last week was one big emotional roller-coaster.  We were headed to China one day, then put on hold the next.  That went on all week.  The hold-up is all because we can not get an appointment at the US Consulate in Guangzhou.  Our whole trip revolves around this one appointment.  Finally on Thursday my friend (thanks A) told me to contact our US Representative and ask if he could help with our situation.  He acted immediately and contacted the US Consulate in Guangzhou himself about getting appointments for us and the other families in our group.  I woke up Friday morning to an email that he forwarded to me from the Chief at the US Consulate saying that they were tentatively holding 9 spots for Sept 29th for our group!!!!  I was beyond excited- but worried about the "tentatively" holding part.  I contacted our agency immediately and they resent our request.  The problem now is that China is 12 hours ahead of us- so although we sent the request in on our Friday morning- it was already Friday night in China.  So now we have to wait through the long weekend to find out if we got the appointments or not.  We should know something for sure by Tuesday.  If we do get the appointments, we will leave on Sept. 15th and return on Oct.1st.  Please be praying that we get this appointment.    I will write again on Tuesday and let you all know if we got it or not.
Thanks again for praying- we have certainly felt your prayers- especially this past week.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

This is the best news ever! I am praying this works out.

Crystal
Hope Project Family

Angel said...

Praying that things will work out for you-It is so hard to wait when we long to hold out little ones-Can't wait to hear that you are leaving soon!
Angel

Joanne said...

This waiting is just crazy! But thank the Lord for your friend who suggested contacting your representative. I do check your blog every day to see if Kate is on her way. Sweet Kate! May God continue to protect her and bless her while you wait for your family to be united! I wish I could see your faces when that moment occurs! I will keep you in my prayers!