September 13, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!!

It is 10pm  Sept.13 here - 10am Sept. 14th in China- which means that it is my baby girls birthday.  I wonder if her nannies know it is her birthday today.  I wonder if she will have a cake, or if her friends will sing "Happy Birthday" to her.  I don't think I will ever know.  One thing I do know though- she will never have another birthday that she is not celebrated.  I LOVE birthdays.  In fact, when I grew up we didn't have a birthDAY-  we had a birthWEEK.  My mom always made (and still does) a big deal over birthdays.  I want to do the same to my children.  While we might not be celebrating on her actual birthday this year- we will be there in time to celebrate her birth-week!  And this year- she is getting a pretty cool present- a family.
I don't think a single one of her birthdays will go by that I don't think about Kate's birth-mom either.  And while I grieve that I can not be with her on her 2nd birthday- I know that I will be there for every birthday from now on.  I can't imagine how much her birth mom grieves on this day- knowing that she will never get to celebrate her birthday with her again.  I hope, somehow, that she knows how much we love this indescribable gift that she has given to us.  We will forever be grateful.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!  We will see you in 3 days!!!!

5 comments:

e said...

Happy HAPPY birthday sweet Kate!!!! You truly are getting the most wonderful gift in just THREE days...what a lucky little girl you are to be a part of the Skinner family!

Mack said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kate - I know how hard this is for you AB to not be with her b/c you are right - you guys are the ULTIMATE birthday people - I love it - but just think how she doesn't even know what a HUGE HUGE surprise is coming on an airplane for her. Oh - it brings tears to my eyes. Praying and can hardly wait!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Kate! Praying with and for your family. Can you believe it...YOU'RE GOING TO CHINA!!!!

The Simple Things said...

happy birthday week, sweet kate....cannot wait to meet you and celebrate for many years to come.
AB, enjoy each step along the way.
praying for you even now
whahoo!!!!
k

Angel said...

Happy Birthday to little Miss Kate-Hope you have a wonderful Birthweek! Can't wait to see you with your family-they love you so much-Have a wonderful trip!